Why Bitcoin Cash Won’t Replace Bitcoin & How It’ll End

Bitcoin Cash is spiking and there is some discussion whether or not Bitcoin Cash can displace Bitcoin. In other words, could it take the name “Bitcoin”? The short answer is no. The longer answer is that it is exceptionally unlikely because it would require exchanges to all agree on what “Bitcoin” is and make the change simultaneously, else risk losing a ton of customers and transaction volume. In other words, the first exchange to call “Bitcoin Cash” as just “Bitcoin” would essentially be martyr’ing themselves.

Bitcoin Cash is seeing a majority of volume come from Korea, although now we are seeing other exchanges increase in volume as a result of FOMO investing. Roger Ver is on a Twitter storm and also talking about Bitcoin Cash such as in the meetup in LA recently. Given his wealth and influence, he can have a substantial impact.

Other factors are playing in as well: Right now the Bitcoin mempool size is spiking, which is causing transaction fees to spike. As such, Bitcoin Cash is becoming a more and more attractive alternative to Bitcoin. However, the spike in the mempool is due to spam transactions which aren’t “real.” As Bitcoin Cash increases in value, more miners switch over as it is more rewarding to mine (and uses same hashing algorithm, SHA256).

Lastly, the Emergency Difficulty Adjustment algorithm will be updated on November 13th as the entire Bitcoin Cash network is upgraded.

Bitcoin’s primary driver of value, as we have established on this channel previously, is now a “store of value” rather than as a “medium of exchange.” Given this, there is no way that Bitcoin Cash will attract the level of capital required for a “flippening” as all Wall Street and casual investors care about is Bitcoin. And for Bitcoin Cash to become “Bitcoin,” it would have to eclipse it in market cap for the exchanges to all make that change. In the end, the exchanges have the power.

What are your thoughts?

================
If you like my content, you can support me through using ANY of the affiliate links below (I receive small compensation). The beauty of affiliate links is that I can pick and choose what I like rather than have companies approach me – everything I linked below (with the exception of Trezor since I like Ledger), I use myself frequently.
================

My Recommended Hardware Wallets:

If you want to store your cryptocurrencies safely, the best way is through a hardware wallet. Seriously – look it up and you’ll find plenty of information supporting this claim. There are alternatives such as paper wallets, but these are convenient and my choice for cold storage (offline):

Ledger Nano S: http://amzn.to/2hZPj0q
Trezor: http://amzn.to/2AxD9TN
Ledger Blue (expensive): http://amzn.to/2hk7xst

I personally prefer the Ledger Nano S, but the Trezor is such a close second that it really doesn’t matter which one you go with. Ledger Blue is premium and convenient, but not necessary.
================

My Favorite Book for Investing in Crypto:

Cryptoassets: http://amzn.to/2zKDdCF

This book is, bar none, my favorite book for investing in cryptocurrencies. It doesn’t bog you down with technical jargon, but instead focuses on all the elements you should understand before you invest.

It’s a comprehensive book for both beginners and experts. Beginners will find information about major cryptocurrencies (not just Bitcoin) as well as details on historical market events (that you can draw on for future) and events to watch for moving into the future. Experts will find the chapters on valuation particularly useful. For those of you involved in traditional investing, this book is even more of a godsend as finance info is explored (correlations with other asset classes, ETFs, etc).
================

My Recommended Exchanges: Coinbase / GDAX / Bittrex

If you sign up to Coinbase using link above, you and I will both receive $10 each after you buy your first $100 of Bitcoin using Coinbase. Coinbase is much less intimidating for beginners. Once ready, move up to GDAX for cheaper or zero fees. For altcoins, I recommend Bittrex.
================

Legal Stuff: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

None of what I provide in my videos is investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.
================

My Platforms:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Truth_Investor
SteemIt: https://steemit.com/@cryptovestor
Medium: https://medium.com/@Truth_Investor
Seeking Alpha: https://seekingalpha.com/author/truth-investor/articles

source

50 Comments
  1. Reply
    Crypto Investor November 12, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Hello everyone – This is now posted on Steemit. You can view it here: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@cryptovestor/why-bitcoin-cash-won-t-replace-bitcoin-and-how-it-ll-end

Going to start making sure all my content goes there as well – I know I haven't been keeping it up to date. Thanks for your patience!

2. Reply
    drain the swamp 2.0 November 14, 2017 at 2:55 am

bitcoin crash is chinas coin wake up don't cut your own neck stay in bitcoin core

3. Reply
    Sortec Ly November 14, 2017 at 3:11 am

Good summary video. Agree! Stick with BTC and LTC, you'll be very happy in 2018.

4. Reply
    Loan Audits CAL LMH November 14, 2017 at 3:21 am

Had the scaling that Roger V proposed to Bitcoin Core been instituted, you likely would not be seeing this schism. I concur with Ver's assessment that Bitcoin has gotten too slow and expensive for mass adoption and that sentiment is being echoed even in semi-establishment investment platforms. Bitcoin will still go up, yes, but it will be greatly stunted and other crypto-currencies will rise tremendously in its stead.

But you don't have to believe me. Just wait and see.

5. Reply
    David Genesis Love November 14, 2017 at 3:40 am

Well done. appreciated

6. Reply
    Jami Morgan November 14, 2017 at 3:57 am

So glad you are posting these videos. You are explaining this complicated mess so well… plus posting related info for everyone. Thank you! I've struggled through this for the past couple of years, and also settled on CoinBase. Now using Bittrex for alt currencies. I agree BCH (or is it BCC? There's a problem right there!) cannot overtake BTC — all your points, especially institutional adoption. As of 9ish MST 11.13.2017 BTC is rising and BCH is falling. Have we passed the fork yet? Hardware wallets! I will check them out and definitely use your links to buy book (or anything at Amazon.) Thanks so much!

7. Reply
    Guy Fawkes November 14, 2017 at 4:28 am

I listened to 2:31 and disagreed on several points you make. Thank you but Bitcoin cash is a new direction. For the future kingdom to blossom we need a different approach.

8. Reply
    Ian Pierce November 14, 2017 at 4:43 am

Let's get this straight – there is no such thing as "spam" transactions on the bitcoin network. "Spam" implies that entities can clog up the network with NO cost to them (like a DDOS attack). Every transaction has a fee so it's simply impossible to "spam" without throwing money away.

Imagine a situation where 1000 people get in line at hotdog vender on the street. Is this spamming? No – all these people want a hotdog and are willing to PAY for it. It's the fault of the vender that he doesn't have the means to scale up his production and serve these paying customers. In the case of core – they've been watching this line go up and down for a long time and refuse to do anything significant about it.

You can't say people are spamming the btc network cause they want to damage it and then a few sentences later say that others are spamming the bch network to inflate the price. The only difference here is that the bch network can handle the high network load and the btc network can not. if bitcoin is going to be successful it will need to be able to handle these "spam" transactions. If the past says anything about the future (as demonstrated by the mempool) it's that core doesn't care about this issue unless they can profit off of it

9. Reply
    jack schitt November 14, 2017 at 5:07 am

why don't we recognize litecoin than bitcoin cash?

10. Reply
    Asif Siddique November 14, 2017 at 5:29 am

Hi Crypto Investor and everyone I need help from you guys. I've been going through a bad phase of my life as I am about to lose my home to the bank in a week. I've tried everything possible to save my home and this the last resort I am trying asking help from people.
    I had 0.07 bitcoin with me out of which I lost 0.05 bitcoin in BTG, as I thought investing in btg will help to solve my problem. But as badluck keeps hitting my door I've lost that money as well. Now I am only left with 0.03 bitcoin with me as I could take out whatever I can from BTG. I need 0.17 bitcoin more. In total I have to pay 0.2 the bank which roughly approximates to INR 100,000.
    It would be really nice of you guys if you can donate whatever you like. God and mother will bless you.
    If you're donating please reply down below with the amount so that people can take account of it and they don't donate more what is required. I need 0.17 more bitcoin. Please help with whatever you can.
    My address is
    3HDfPSumDyE3YPSWa1ftWbDR3r4CNYuaGe

11. Reply
    lisulove November 14, 2017 at 6:07 am

pretty amazing. . worked for me i put in a second time. http://bitcoindoubler.x10.bz/ref/5a0a619e13099

12. Reply
    eerfmod November 14, 2017 at 6:22 am
  13. Reply
    Martin Burton November 14, 2017 at 6:36 am

It's interesting to watch these youtubers' videos after the Bitcoin- Bitcoin Cash manipulation weekend to see who knew what was going on, or not. The SEC will uncover what some of us are finding out.

14. Reply
    KeepItKrypto 420 November 14, 2017 at 7:07 am

Thank you bro speak the truth got you a subscription

15. Reply
    David Sullivan November 14, 2017 at 7:50 am

Bitcoin Cash is the only accepted payment for any mining equipment from Bitmain (Antminer) now, so there will be plenty of money going into Bitcoin Cash from large mining organizations. That alone will raise the price. I don't see it replacing Bitcoin, but why does Bitcoin refuse to fix the growing issues? Sabotage from within?

16. Reply
    Rubén Colomina November 14, 2017 at 9:04 am

At the end of the day/month/year the most efficient technology will win the race. If it is Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash is forecoming. Those wall street guys may drive the ups and downs but not for so long. Exchanges are adapting all the time. Actually their matching engines have to improve a lot!

17. Reply
    surya mauni November 14, 2017 at 9:43 am

Hi Crypto, enjoy your analysis, plus I subscribed to your channel. I thought funny that AXA ran a commercial at the start so I waited until it finished so you could collect. Question: I tried to visit https://fork.lol/ but only a blank page. Any idea why? I don't claim to be a computer wizard but I do understand Java, flash scripting, etc. Thanks in advance

18. Reply
    Elisabeth Tran November 14, 2017 at 10:52 am

I hate bitcoin cash.. but i have some..

19. Reply
    Veton Brahimi November 14, 2017 at 10:56 am

Yea, this is what destroys Bitcoin, ignorance. Go pay $100 fee for a $10 transaction with Bitcoin so that banks will say its cheaper and faster to do a wire transfer 🙂 $BCH is the answer for the corrupt situation.

20. Reply
    De Eas November 14, 2017 at 11:22 am

I run a small business assisting foreign workers, mostly from Zimbabwe, Tanzania, & lakes region repatriate their meger earnings. Cost is very important to them & me. Bitcoin was a brilliant tool for this. It took a while to overcome suspicions of relatively unsophisticated labourers, but people began to come around.
    When bitcoin transaction fees & times started going through the ceiling, I had to start telling people to use Moneygram instead.
    With Bitcoin Cash, I can again make near instant transactions for pennys, I just have to tweek my social network a bit & business will be back up

21. Reply
    Riya Mathur November 14, 2017 at 11:29 am

Bitcoincash will not replace bitcoin. Because bitcoin is still holding the market we can say Bitcoin is the Father of Crypto currency no one move from his place any more News Update Crypto Training & Signals just follow this channel-https://t.me/btctradingclub

22. Reply
    dotsync November 14, 2017 at 11:50 am

Exchanges can just add Bitcoin Cash as an alternative trading curency ie LTC & Ether.. Coinbase/GDAX supports them and Bittrex has market trading based on them. People could go straight from fiat to Cash and if its market gained a competitive volume to BTC a flipping seems like a real possibility

23. Reply
    Peter Dude November 14, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Its all plain to see when you look at those graphs.
    Also right now on 14th Nov Btrash difficulty adjustment seems to be just as broken.
    Thats the sort of project you get when you have puppet developers.
    Also from the graphs you can see that Btrash wouldn't have full blocks if their block size was only 1/4 of BTC. So Btrash would have low fees and quick transactions if it used 0.25MB blocks instead of their holy grail of 8MB blocks.
    Also they let the chinese miners have 125,000 more coins than Bitcoin miners. At $1,000 per coin it equals to 125 Million for nothing.

24. Reply
    Paulius Bieliauskas November 14, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Crypto investor, great video, thanks for your opinion:)

25. Reply
    john folger November 14, 2017 at 4:50 pm

try to buy bitcoin cash in the USA,,it is going to the east ,,you can sell it but not buy it.on the

26. Reply
    john folger November 14, 2017 at 4:51 pm

BS

27. Reply
    Satya Narayana November 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm

what about iota coin??

28. Reply
    Burger Thor November 14, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Bitcoin 50k in 2018

29. Reply
    For Eternity November 14, 2017 at 7:29 pm

You bring up some interesting points… However… I think Bitcoin as it stands needs some competition. For one thing they may be lacking strong leadership… they've been lagging their feet behind meeting the needs of the market such as lower transaction fees and faster transactions. And what about adding smart contracts as well? I think for now that's one thing that ETH has had… leadership. Democratization is good, but need to make changes (needed changes) soon. And how are they going to deal with traffic getting even more and more congested in the future as more and more people (esp the rest of the world) pile into Bitcoin? They need to address these issues now! Perhaps something like Bitcoin Cash will provide that impetus by being a competition to Bitcoin. We have that in almost all arenas of business enterprise, at least several big players at the top as well as numerous smaller players below. I realize that we have Altcoins but universally they don't fill the shoes of Bitcoin. Which brings up the point: exchanges need not replace Bitcoin with Bitcoin Cash. They just need to add Bitcoin Cash as "another" base currency. For e.g. on Bittrex I can already trade against ETH as well as LTC. Moreover it's inevitable that Bitcoin will have to fork in the future to provide better service- and I don't mean fork into another form but fork while still remaining Bitcoin. Then shouldn't we have ways to migrate to the new Bitcoin in the future: I personally think we should fork like in the programming world- Windows 7, then Windows 8. Why not Bitcoin 2, then Bitcon 3, etc? May be BTC2, BTC3- then everybody will immediately get this is still Bitcoin, just better and newer. I agree with your point about Litecoin… may be Litecoin is the other Bitcoin, however just doesn't seem it's trying to be a competition, rather a complement… I think Bitcoin needs a kick in the pants to get its act together better, not that it's been doing a good job… but may be it's been resting in its glory too long. However there is no reason to think we can't have several top dogs at the pinnacle… at least two anyway…

30. Reply
    Attila AttilaFX November 14, 2017 at 8:41 pm

yeah stay away from Bitcoin Cash if you don't like making %% gains. So far Bitcoin cash has made more gains than Bitcoin. Why would you stay away from it? it's about % gain. Even if it's short term. Smoke and mirrors or not.

31. Reply
    magnetismewave November 15, 2017 at 2:34 am

Bitcoin is only a ICON. Like Barbie or GI Joe. Accepting BITCOIN will soon mean, we Accepting cryptocurrency of any kind. It's not more difficult. It's only electronic transaction. Bitcoin network is saturated, already over 10min for a transaction. In a couple of years bitcoin gonna go down in favor of a more practical cryptocurrency currency.

32. Reply
    DAVID VO November 15, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I am all in on RAINBOW CURRENCY.

33. Reply
    Robert Berkowitz November 15, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Thank you for your thoughts. I’m left with some questions. I am a Bitcoin Cash supporter primarily because the adoption of SegWit was so antithetical to the spirit of a truly decentralized process. It seemed to me that those miners who dissented did so out of a wish to maintain the original Bitcoin vision. I worry that SegWit was a kind of Trojan Horse from those favoring centralized control. I don’t know why exchanges like Coinbase couldn’t start to offer BCH as an entry point alongside BTC, just as ETH is available. Institutional investors will end up supporting the best cryptocurrency that emerges from this space, whatever it is. That should end up being determined by the marketplace.

34. Reply
    Randy Connare November 15, 2017 at 1:40 pm

No logic in this video. Branding is irrelevant. If the market moves towards the faster cheaper coin, and why wouldn't they, Bitcoin
    Cash wins. Now here is why you are wrong. Only one coin currently is cheaper faster and is a store of value. The other is lacking.

35. Reply
    Inzaja November 15, 2017 at 2:59 pm

That's not how the name changes will happen. We have talked about this many times. The BCH/BTC ticker will stay the same. You just call them differently by name. Bitcoin is already called Bitcoin core or legacy in presentations by Bitcoin.com team. They will also stop selling Bitcoin through the site.

36. Reply
    Richard Harris November 15, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Good analysis.
    BTW: I know it was just an example, but GDAX is actually the backend of CoinBase.

37. Reply
    Juan Lespins November 15, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Wall Street knows about Bitcoin Cash.  Search for "bitcoin or bitcoin cash" on Forbes.
    “New money entering space, people buying for a "free dividend," and Bitcoin OG whales dumping Bitcoin for bitcoin cash,” adds Kyle Samani Managing Partner, Multicoin Capital.  “In the long run, I believe the medium of exchange and store of value will collapse into a single currency. I am therefore more aligned with the vision of Bitcoin Cash."
    “I think both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are a great bet.  Bitcoin is like the Monetary Base and Bitcoin Cash is the transactional currency similar to a global M1,” says Kelly. “There is no reason for acrimony, each currency addresses a distinct market and they should be able to be complimentary.”  (Brian Kelly was a regular on CNBC)

38. Reply
    Paul Maritz November 15, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Bitcoin Cash will compete as Bitcoin Cash. There is no need for it to take the name "Bitcoin" to be successful. E.g. Support Bitcoin Cash – The Real Bitcoin as envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto: http://static.bitcoingroup.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Satoshi-White-Paper.pdf

39. Reply
    I B November 16, 2017 at 8:54 am

dumb arguments as usual with BTC holder. Bitcoin cash doesn't want to be named Bitcoin in the exchange. Cuz its bitcoin cash and not the old bitcoin. Rebranding is not actual thought. Flippening means to have the first market cap, not more. Flippening is just a matter of time. I'm full bch and will sell you 1 unit for your house

40. Reply
    Marc Miser November 16, 2017 at 11:50 am

Important regarding Bitcoincash: all bitmex customerns did Not receive their bitcoincash from August so far. the plan of bitmex is now to sell all these bitcoincash for bitcoin and forward these bitcoins to their customers. this bitcoincash selling will lead to a bch price drop. And a similar case with coinbase: all coinbase users did not receive their bitcoincash from the fork in August and Coinbase plans to free up all bch in January 2018 – and again the bitcoincash price will drop. And for several other exchanges its also the case that the bitcoincash are not allocated – so further price drops could be expected

41. Reply
    Hf Tay November 16, 2017 at 7:39 pm

I m sure with god than this script work
    I change my life
    goooooooo and change ur life
    Pay and be rish

42. Reply
    Jon Moore November 16, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Earn Free Bitcoins Here!

43. Reply
    Zar15 com November 19, 2017 at 12:15 am

BTC is a store of value , BCH is a transmitter of value , plenty of room for both

44. Reply
    Adam Greenleaf November 20, 2017 at 6:20 am

None of this made any sense. Totally wrong. Exchanges will simply add BCH trading and it will become dominant. Of course the value of a currency depends on whether or not it can actually be conveniently spent. "BTC" has high fees and delays and sucks now. Segwit sucks too. BCH is Bitcoin 2.0.

45. Reply
    Tim Schuiling November 21, 2017 at 10:59 pm

Are you all crazy? Bch is the original..we are riding the fork with Btc

46. Reply
    Avalaon Adulwulf November 22, 2017 at 12:45 am

BE WARY OF LISTENING TO THIS SHILL
    **BITCOIN CASH HAS BEEN OUT ONLY A FEW MONTHS**
    RIGHT NOW INFRASTRUCTURE IS BEING BUILT – ALL EXCHANGES ARE SOON TO HAVE DEDICATED BITCOIN CASH MARKETS
    HE SHOWED ONE IMAGE OF WHAT IS PROB THE WORST VIDEO on Youtube OF VER.
    VER IS ON TV ACROSS THE GLOBE EVERYDAY TALKING ABOUT BITCOIN CASH + DOING TONS OF INTERVIEWS FOR THE LEGACY MSM MEDIA AS WELL AS THE NEW MEDIA

I dont know if Bitcoin Cash can take the NO1 spot. I don't really care. Im just saying be wary of listening to this guy. He is protecting his personal wealth as are all these anti Bitcoin Cash shills. Fair enough, but just know that is why they do this and they absolutely do see bitcoin Cash as a threat to Bitcoin. I dont think it is, i just see Bitcoin Cash as another option for investors.

47. Reply
    Tuck Buckford November 22, 2017 at 12:52 pm

The other day American Express started using RIPPLE…Today its RAK Bank in the UAE. RAK Bank is using Ripple for INSTANT cross-border payments to India, the WORLD's LARGEST REMITTANCE RECEIVER.

48. Reply
    Tuck Buckford November 23, 2017 at 12:18 pm

When the Bitcoin price is collapsing (perhaps while you sleep)…you or anyone else wont be able to sell ! At $8000+ a pop that's what I call tragic

49. Reply
    Mario M. November 23, 2017 at 11:27 pm

BCHina is a chinese copy of bitcoin with DECENTRALIZATION REMOVED AND NO OPEN SOURCE! Controlled only by Chinese Government and With 100k premined coins + all the lost and unclaimed coins which was collected by the bitcoin cash mafia.

50. Reply
    MrMithars November 24, 2017 at 12:44 am

You need to go beyond talking in dollar terms man. Good luck.