Don’t Rule Out Bitcoin Cash | Vlog #98

With all of the attention on Bitcoin Legacy (BTC) and Bitcoin Gold (BTG) at the moment, I think it’s worth remembering that we shouldn’t rule out Bitcoin Cash yet either.

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT financial advice. I am just offering my opinions. I am not responsible for any investment decisions that you choose to make.

DONATIONS

♥ ETH: 0xc12f59c4e23dccd369437bbdb09470879d8c0825

♥ BTC: 1L2LswVmTobmEK8dy6Yw9nWx93Z1zZ1jb3

♥ LTC: LRXk5EwrR6VJYJcLYZLNY5B1uhoiUchtF5

♥ Dash: XyAPcaHdZJKuXiruHkAXkKgCMWHfaPFVgc

♥ ETC: 0x3bec3f9e112e719330d1732d60b02724b1b5a76c

♥ ZEC: t1gGY496794uEC4dTPiXitU8nYgXGLm78HH

♥ DGE: DFoVXJTiGKXTPUeztrpmYEWaHtXrBK452y

ESSENTIAL CRYPTO RESOURCES

♦ Recommended place to buy Bitcoin/Ethereum: COINBASE –

Sign up here: https://www.coinbase.com/join/58977243c1604b62321378df

♦ Recommended Wallet: LEDGER NANO S –

Available here: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/3c47

♦ Recommended Exchange: (TBA)

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS

● Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LouisThomasChannel/

● Twitter: https://twitter.com/LouisThomasYT

● Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/louisthomaschannel/

● Snapchat: louisxthomas

● Steemit: https://steemit.com/@louisthomas

CHANNEL RESOURCES

■ My Book: How to Choose a University

Available here: http://tinyurl.com/y87e2ce6

■ Camera: Nikon D5100 (old but affordable)

Available here: http://tinyurl.com/y9cslp2u

■ Microphone: RODE VideoMic GO

Available here: http://tinyurl.com/y9rceoer

■ Tripod: Polaroid 184cm

Available here: http://tinyurl.com/yarefpr9

Panama Hat No Voice by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist: http://audionautix.com/

source

50 Comments
  1. Reply
    Scott October 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I didn't watch this one, just came to say you need a better thumbnail than that dumb look on your face for every damn video. unsub'd.

2. Reply
    CRYPTO FEVER October 24, 2017 at 7:10 pm

As a newbie, is Bitcoin Plus (XBC) part of the family? I see it down there ranked 308, at £31.19 a coin? I'm just wondering was it part of a previous fork?

3. Reply
    Major REX October 24, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Usually i think you make sense but seriously look at Bitcoin Gold a bit deeper. The team is made of 1 developer that dont even show its face. They made this fork JUST for the publicity. Had they dont this after 2X they would not get any attention. So what did they do. They copy the code and did not even have it ready. There is no wallet, no miner. And also they made 100k coin for themselves. For what? forking a coin? Is that worth billions of dollar? Call a scam a scam. Just be realistic.
    Bitcoin cash might be more legit. There is a legit difference how the 2 forks will continue and they have atleast a proper support for dev, mining and wallet.
    I dont have any BCH but maybe i get a few just incase.

4. Reply
    Parth Narang October 24, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Hey Louis, what are your thoughts on B2X, are you supporting it or against it ?

5. Reply
    Troy Robins October 24, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Totally agree. Roger Ver is viewed the Anti-Christ at the moment but he's very rational in his analysis and so I think in the medium to long term things could change for cash. I'm not emotionally attached to any coin and so it's all a great social science experiment and I look forward to the results regardless.

6. Reply
    Krisztián Kőrösi October 24, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Please check Delivering Liberty, at Scale from Andreas Antonopoulos. I'm always looking at cryptos from technical perspective. This is my way of course, but I have to also say that all the decentralised coins are bringing answers to the economy with technology. If it can not be sustainable in a long term, it will not work. It has to be secure, reliable, fast, decentralised, and available for everyone. S2X and BCH are defeating many of these concepts, not to mention how much development going into them… Great video though, keep up the good work! 🙂

7. Reply
    Lise van der Panne October 24, 2017 at 9:27 pm

If I were you I would make sure you are placing a disclaimer because you might influence the market(?) I am not sure, I am not at all a pro but If your vids influence my opinion on whether to buy or not and your influence is strong, please be careful
     Louis 🙂

8. Reply
    Chris Bowman October 24, 2017 at 9:29 pm

First defining statement straight from Bitcoin Core's Github "Bitcoin is an experimental digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. " How many here would start telling your friends, family, business associates how instant Bitcoin is? The product has long been broken, Bitcoin Cash is the best candidate by far right now to take on the role of what Bitcoin could have been in my beyond humble opinion.

9. Reply
    The Crypto Nut October 24, 2017 at 11:26 pm

Great work Louis! I've been posting crypto related videos lately and you are for sure someone I look up to. Keep up the great work my friend!

10. Reply
    1greenMitsi October 24, 2017 at 11:33 pm

I sold 25% of my bitcoincash at close to ATH in august, keeping the rest for next ATH

11. Reply
    G. Lubins October 24, 2017 at 11:47 pm

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” – Peter Thiel

Just wanted to throw that in here. I'm not saying you are just opposing the crowd. You are obviously trying to get an informed opinion on this. But I think if there was something fundamentally wrong about BCH, majority of average crypto-holders wouldn't even get it. So there might be many people holding BCH just because they are uncertain. 5.5 billion $ marketcap based on uncertainty? 😀 . Who knows…

12. Reply
    Cryptopolis October 25, 2017 at 12:06 am

Well done Louis. Finally, someone is starting to think for themselves instead of just regurgitating the disinformation from Core.

The next thing to think about: Who created BCC & why?

It's not the two main suspects that everyone thinks it is.

13. Reply
    Cryptopolis October 25, 2017 at 1:51 am

BTC is no longer bitcoin. It has not been bitcoin since segwit was activated on August 23rd 2017.
    From the Satoshi whitepaper: "We define an electronic coin as a chain of digital signatures". SegWit removes the digital signatures from the BTC blockchain, therefore the BTC blockchain no longer fits the definition of bitcoin. BCH, on the other hand, still meets the definition of bitcoin set out by Satoshi.

14. Reply
    Jake Mallory October 25, 2017 at 2:09 am

Great content! Question for you: Have you actually sold any crypto currency? If not, are you worried about exchanging your crypto for fiat currency?

15. Reply
    Artisane October 25, 2017 at 2:32 am

Right now it comes down to hype, fear and big players pumping and dumping. No ones got any fucking idea…

16. Reply
    Crypto money team October 25, 2017 at 4:38 am

Hey buddy we're can I but ripple and Stella and what would be a good wallet to stored them. Cheers

17. Reply
    Charli Junior October 25, 2017 at 5:09 am

I do not trust Litecoin. It seem to get skimmed to the bone
    The coffee shop merchant they aim their coin at has exchange fees and can not sit on a dead coin.

18. Reply
    Moofy October 25, 2017 at 5:54 am

Same goes for btg

19. Reply
    Ed October 25, 2017 at 7:04 am

No don't tell them that! Let the Core shills sheeple keep their SegWit coin and don't tell them to buy real Bitcoin!
    We don't need sheeple in Bitcoin system… they deserve the "government" they have, ie Core / Blockstream / Bankers.

20. Reply
    Ed October 25, 2017 at 7:13 am

FYI Louis, if you view crypto (especially Bitcoin, and I mean real Bitcoin, not SegWit coin) as "Investment" in terms of fiat money, you are not seeing the purpose of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not meant to be an investment for existing system, it is meant to enable you to exit the existing corrupt system and to get into new decentralised p2p system which the rulers of existing system, can't control. For this very reason, people forget that just getting new system (like Core's SegWit+LN) to become just another system that is centralised and controlled (yet again) by bankers… defeats the whole purpose of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not an investment, its a wealth transfer from existing corrupt system which will collapse, into a new decentralised system that will live on an create something beneficial for the humanity… what it will do is take away the power of selected top richest individuals to print their own money while no one else can… Bitcoin creates one same rule for everyone, anyone can now print their own money, and everyone must follow the same rules set by the Bitcoin system…. and this will create other positive "side effects" in society as well (for example, bankers won't be able to just print endless amount of fiat to find wars.. and that is one MAJOR benefit).

No more creating money out of nothing and no more one rule for them and another rule for everyone else.

That is the essence of Bitcoin… and Core are deliberately trying to prevent that.

21. Reply
    Zemla October 25, 2017 at 9:26 am

The new podcast Roger Ver did with Covel was awesome

22. Reply
    Brad Carey October 25, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Hi Louis, thanks for the great videos. Any thoughts Omisego? I've heard Clif High thinks it's the next big crypto currency. Possibly 300 times your cash over the next few years. Thanks Brad

23. Reply
    Givy55 October 25, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Bcash is garbage!

24. Reply
    Ahmed Ahmeda October 25, 2017 at 6:13 pm

IF crypto currency is getting MASS adopted, people is gonna realize, hopefully pretty fast that BTC aint gonna hold it, then BCC is gonna be the new top currency, im invested in BCC and i think its only gonna keep rising, soon as this BTC hype is over

25. Reply
    Ahmed Ahmeda October 25, 2017 at 6:16 pm

The good part of BTC is actually running the current much more scaling BCC so its just a matter of time, but time and time again i get proven people is not as smart as you think, you have consider a big delay

26. Reply
    Oliver Grote October 25, 2017 at 8:00 pm

I also have been researching Bitcoin Cash a lot lately and see a lot of opportunities. The coin is backed by some very wealthy people for one and prides itself on being the purest Bitcoin version. Should we see technical problems arise with Segwit, this may lead to a high interest in Bitcoin Cash. At 300 dollars Bitcoin Cash seems like something to look at.

27. Reply
    BITCOIN VIỆT October 26, 2017 at 2:14 am

Share to you channel investment Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero
    – Sign up now invest and earn 3.60% and above, daily
    – Open link: https://bitpetite.com/?aff=hongthanh84

28. Reply
    TomFromTartu October 26, 2017 at 2:23 am

Not my cup of tea

29. Reply
    Jamie the Demon October 26, 2017 at 10:06 am

There's a difference between going against the herd and being stupid. If you bought peer coin years ago you would have lost money, if you bought bitcoin you would have made a ton of money. Buy doge though, it's going up 4x after all these damn forks.

30. Reply
    Florian Knödl October 26, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Bitcoin Cash is in that moment my strongest position, and will be for quite a while. I think the current mindset of "forking bitcoin will always output an altcoin" is so irrational and stupid.

31. Reply
    Jonny Marshall October 27, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Louis, kudos for being open minded and unbiased about this subject. A rare characteristic for commentators. Although I disagree that bitcoin cash is a sound investment, the r/btc reddit is in my opinion a superior place for reasoned discussion than r/bitcoin. r/bitcoin is heavily censored. The narrative is controlled by a select few mods (in particular theymos). The party line is that anything that any discussion of increasing the block size is "going against consensus rules", and any (positive) discussion of bitcoin cash or segwit 2x is "discussing altcoins" – even though these coins are owned by any bitcoin holders, and share bitcoin's entire transaction history prior to the fork. Also, the "real" bitcoin after the 2x hardfork apparently cannot be determined by node count, hashpower, or price, but rather "whatever core/blockstream decides it to be". This kind of highly controlled information is not what bitcoin was supposed to be about. Bitcoin nodes decide consensus, NOT bitcoin core devs. So it is essential that free and open communication can take place within the community. Also, if you actually compare the content of r/bitcoin vs r/btc, you will see far more technical conversation in the latter. The former is plagued with memes, and whenever I ask technical questions in that sub, they rarely get answered.
    And then we have Blockstream as an entity, which I think the pooling of core devs into a for-profit company selling sidechains is a worrying concept for the supposed impartiality of Bitcoin. The community needs to be able to discuss this potential conflict of interest freely, and keep checks to make sure bitcoin is not being concentrated in a few hands and stealthily privatised.

That said, I still support the original chain (for now) and hope that lightning will put a temporary end to the scaling debate, but I think it's important to have a plurality of voices in this space, and I think it's good that bitcoin cash exists in case bitcoin ceases to be the open source currency we want it to be. My main worry with it, however, is the lack of devs working on bitcoin cash, and the cosyness between those devs and the miners, who have their own financial incentives.

32. Reply
    pAULEE October 28, 2017 at 3:50 am

plus we have Craig <3

33. Reply
    Roger Maris October 28, 2017 at 6:55 am

Totally agree with you friend..don't get me wrong.my biggest portion of my portfolio is in BTC, but i wish the devs would have all got together and tried to improve BTC together instead of splitting off..i have a lot of friends that held back on investing because of the confusion and scalibility concerns..they don't like the cost of transactions with BTC…some have invested in BTH…either way , it may be wise to have some as a hedge against problems with SEDG or BTC in general…it's such a mess right now..i've never seen so much hate and filth going around the interweb today..it didn't used to be like this

34. Reply
    popeye October 28, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I get the same kind of excitement over bitcoin cash as I got over the original bitcoin when I heard about it in 2010. They have already created a 1GB block on a testnet and are starting to prove that on chain scaling is the way to go, and that we don't need to settle for 1MB blocks and high fees, or wait on things that may never come or work properly like Lightning Network. Merchants and businesses are going to rapidly start supporting it as it makes much more sense for them as the user experience is so much better when the fees are low and the transactions actually get confirmed in a reasonable time, which was the way Bitcoin always worked before the blocks started to become full.

35. Reply
    Joav Bee October 28, 2017 at 11:45 pm

i have a limited understanding…but im seeing btc cash possibly being the dominant chain..lower fees, transaction times and with difficult readjusting soft fork coming it makes sense that the mining power will move to btc cash and that will cement its dominance. also i get the impression that btc core is trying to be like ethereum instead of being btc and keeping it simple as currency,store of value, etc..does this make sense?

36. Reply
    colin adam October 31, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I like Bitcoin Cash.
    Segwit is ok I guess.

37. Reply
    colin adam October 31, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Coinbase may offer Bitcoin Cash in mid -Jan 2018.

38. Reply
    Robert A. November 1, 2017 at 4:16 pm

BTC is expensive to do transactions with BCH is cheap. Who would want to use BTC in the real world to buy items when your going to pay 4-8 in transaction fees. BCH you'll pay 0.02-0.50 range. I still yet to see Roger Ver buy a cup of coffee with his bitcoin cash though. 😉 BTC/BCH will both exist in the end.

39. Reply
    Simon Mijatovich November 2, 2017 at 5:18 am

wise man, check dat bcc/bch price

40. Reply
    Le LEVYATHAN November 4, 2017 at 12:38 pm

What is the courage: sell your BITCOINS to buy BITCOINS CAHS in the perspective that the BITCOIN CASH is the real BITCOIN … to increase the gains it is necessary to increase the risk …. BITCOIN CASH is outperforming BTC in the same period of time, It would that continue? : who takes the risk ….

41. Reply
    Fan of Freedom November 4, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Woohoo there is that spike I have been waiting on to sell my BCH. I put it right into Ethereum.
    anyone – Will GPU miners have to choose a different currency to mine when ETH moves to proof of stake?

42. Reply
    Nick Sy November 6, 2017 at 1:39 pm

I've been watching your channel for months. I really like your opinion but I would say that your predictions on coins such as LTC, ETH and others were way off. I believe it will apply here as well. BCH is pretty much owned by Bitmain. It's unprofitable to mine, no long term goals, no mainstream support and I believe $600 is way overpriced. I wouldn't buy at $300 back then and I definitely wouldn't buy at $600 now

43. Reply
    connj67 November 8, 2017 at 1:39 am

BCH is true bitcoin. All sigs in a chain. On-chain scaling. Low fees. Secure. Fast.

44. Reply
    laizess faire November 10, 2017 at 4:31 pm

The Real Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper "peer to peer electronic Bitcoin cash" is back.

45. Reply
    jondbm November 11, 2017 at 12:07 am

Wow, everything predicted in this video has come to pass today, smart prophecy there.

46. Reply
    powertoachieve November 11, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Bitcoin cash is over 1200 $ now😮

47. Reply
    Eli Elfassy November 12, 2017 at 5:28 am

Now your video is …. Now is the time.

48. Reply
    colin adam November 12, 2017 at 6:40 am

Bitcoin Cash passes etherium in market cap.
    Nov 11th 2017

49. Reply
    Kasper Flindt November 13, 2017 at 10:59 am

You called it 👍 But let's see where this pump ends, currently it's going down again